Peacewell Care Consulting was founded by Lori Costello RN with the goal of providing professional, concierge care management services to people in need. As a partner and advocate, our consultants guide patients and their families through an increasingly complex healthcare system, ensuring they receive the best care possible. Our Aging Life Care Professionals™ are all registered nurses with specialized training and extensive experience in life care planning and care management. We believe in taking a holistic approach: combining medical, psychological, social, legal, and environmental needs into a unified and complete plan of care.
Let us advocate for you!
Our Founder and CEO
Lori Costello RN MSN, CCM is the founder and CEO of Peacewell Care Consulting, an Aging Life Care Management™ consulting company founded in 2011.
Lori is a Professional Registered Nurse and Certified Care Manager. Her degrees include a Bachelor of Science of Nursing from Molloy College and a Masters of Nursing Education from LIU/Post. She is certified as a Care Manager through the National Academy of Certified Care Managers.
Lori has worked the last 24 years of her career at Saint Francis Hospital in Roslyn, NY. She held various nursing roles in critical care, care management, homecare and performance improvement. Lori also enjoyed her role as a clinical nursing instructor at Molloy College. Lori has a strong clinical background in all types of acute and chronic medical conditions. Her clinical experience extends to the private practice arena of concierge medicine and homecare.
“I believe that nurses have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their patients every single day. I consider it an honor to partner with your family and loved one.”
Return to top
What is an Aging Life Care™ Manager?
An Aging Life Care Manager is dedicated to helping clients age well while also supporting quality of life for family members. This phase of a family’s journey together is often complicated. There is more to do than there is time. Relatives may live far away. Relations can become strained.
Our professional training and knowledge of best practices can ease the journey.
Every family is unique. As Aging Life Care Managers, we apply our insights and skills in 8 key areas to provide you with a positive care plan tailored to your family’s individual needs and strengths.
We offer expertise regarding:
- Health and disability: Through assessments and experience, we can help you understand what your loved one does well, and in what areas he or she could use additional help.
- Finances: A review of the current monetary situation will result in a plan to make resources stretch as efficiently as possibly while maintaining the desired level of comfort, dignity and safety.
- Housing: Based on the assessments, recommendations can be made for optimal living situations now, with a view to likely changes in the foreseeable future.
- Family: Sibling disagreements and old family history often make the aging journey difficult. Our training provides for skilled facilitation of family meetings and creation of a plan that takes everyone’s needs into account.
- Local Resources: There are programs available to help, but it’s difficult to know which one is the most appropriate for your situation. Save time and money by letting us objectively evaluate the situation and connect you to the resources best suited to your needs.
- Advocacy: Our comprehensive knowledge of the disjointed health care system allows us to monitor quality and lobby for the care and treatment your family wants.
- Legal: Let us help you identify issues and get key paperwork in order.
- Crisis Intervention: The unexpected is simply a fact of life in aging. We are experienced with elder emergencies and can assist you in your time of need.
Peacewell Care Consulting is in the business of helping aging adults and their families to live well throughout the aging process. Give us a call at 516-731-0400 to discuss the many ways we can help you.
Return to top
How we are different
What makes an Aging Life Care Manager stand apart from the others is the commitment to stay focused on the needs of the client and family. Others may offer services for less, but what you receive cannot help but be influenced by the payment structure.
Hospital- or insurance-based case managers are employees of the health care system. They are good professionals. Their focus, however, is to address the issues of patients within the institution and to make efficient use of services for their organization.
We are based in the community and work with aging adults wherever they live. We provide continuity of care across all settings. We include the family and focus on improving quality of life for the older adult and their grown children.
Senior advisors are paid referral fees to suggest elder care facilities. As a general rule, they have a more limited sphere of knowledge and do not hold a professional degree needed to give them expertise in the 8 key areas of elder care. Only those facilities willing to pay a finder’s fee will be included in their list of suggestions. There may be a more appropriate option, but it will not be mentioned if the facility does not pay for referrals.
Because we are paid directly by you, we are independent and objective. Our focus is 100% on the needs of your family and your aging loved ones. We apply our considerable skill and years of training to your unique situation.
When the issue is safety and quality of life, you deserve the best!
Return to top
We pride ourselves in our commitment to stay abreast of the ever-changing landscape of senior services and aging research. To this end, our Aging Life Care Managers are members of the following professional organizations:
Return to top